I’m sure this popular woman is not new to you. Her name is not far from the lips of people, particularly in Christendom. She serves as a model for many women world over and that is why we’ll be learning some key things in life from her. Perhaps, much more than we know of her and learnt from her will be shared in this post and the subsequent one.
Most times, when I hear of this woman, it is often in a limited scope which has not been all too beneficial because of the limit placed on the discourse around her. Taking a personal study of her, my eyes were opened to tiny details which we often neglect while talking about this woman to people.
I’m sure you know that the best way to know a person is to know where they can be found so as to understudy their way of life and find out how they do things. So, where can this role model be found? I’ll give you her address. She lives at number 31, Proverbs Close, along Bible Street. When you find her, learn this things from her.
The Proverbs 31 woman is a woman of strength (although a weaker vessel) she’s made strong by wisdom and grace and the fear of God. She is a virtuous woman. A virtuous woman has the command of her spirit and knows how to manage other’s. She is pious, industrious, and a help meet for a man. She is a woman of of resolution, who having espoused good principles, is firm and steady to them, and will not be frightened with winds and clouds from any part of her duty.
The unspeakable worth of such woman, and the value which he that has such wife ought to place on her, showing it by his thankfulness to God and his kindness and respect to her, whom he must never think he can do too much for. Her price is far above rubies. The more such rare good wives are, the more they are to be valued, respected and honoured.Her price is far above rubies. The more such rare good wives are, the more they are to be valued, respected and honoured. Click To Tweet
What then are the qualities women are to learn from this proverbs 31 woman who stands as a worthy model. Beyond the limited scope people have about this woman of grace and strength, there is more to her we can learn from. Here we go!
1) She conducts herself in a way her husband reposes an entire confidence in her. Her husband trusts in her chastity. She is not morose and reserved, rather she is modest. She has all the mark of virtue in her countenance and behaviour; her husband knows it, so his heart trusts in her. He trusts she will act and work in all prudence and discretion. He trusts in her loyalty and fidelity to him and his affairs, and that she will never betray his interest.
2) She contributes so much to his content and satisfaction that she shall have no need of spoil. He thinks himself so happy in her that he envies not those who have most of the wealth of the world; he needs it not because he has enough having such a wife. Happy is such a couple who have such a satisfaction as this in each other.Happy is such a couple who have such a satisfaction as this in each other. Click To Tweet
3) She makes it her constant business to do him good, and she is afraid to do anything that would turn to his prejudice. she shows her love to him not by a foolish fondness but by prudent endearments, accommodating herself to his temper. She provides what is fit for him both in sickness and in health, and attends to him with diligence and tenderness when anything ails him. She will not for anything in the world do anything that will do damage to his person, family, estate or reputation.
4) She adds to his reputation in the world. Her husband is known in the gate, he is known to have a good wife. By his wise counsels and prudent management of affairs, it appears he has a discreet companion in his bosom with whom he improves himself. By his cheerful countenance and pleasant humour, it appears he has an agreeable wife at home; for many that have not have their tempers strangely soured by it. By his appearing clean and neat in his dress, one may know that he has a good wife at home.
5) She does all she does with all her strength and she does not trifle in it. She girds her loins with strength and strengthens her arms. She makes what she does turn to a good account by prudent management of her affairs. She brings in provision of all things necessary and convenient for her family. She purchases lands and enlarges the profit of the family. She considers a field before she buys it whether or not it will be profitable.She purchases lands and enlarges the profit of the family. She considers a field before she buys it whether or not it will be profitable. Click To Tweet
Do you think you can be this kind of woman? Young man, do you think such women still exist and you can have one to wife? Yes, women like this still exist, you can be that kind of woman, and you can have a wife like this. What do you have to do? Connect to the source of such women- God, be one as a woman, get one as a man.
Watch out for the second part