Trust y’all know that one of the best way to grow is to learn from those who have gone ahead of you and have excelled. In the previous post, I wrote about some of the qualities of the Proverbs 31 woman, and this post is the concluding aspect.
Some more lessons to learn:
6) She furnishes her house well and has good clothing for herself and her family. According to her status and rank, she provides purple and silk, rion and fine clothes. She gets good and quality clothes for her children and servants.
7) She trades abroad. She makes profit more than she and her household have occasion for. She takes care of her family and all of its affairs. She gives food to all of her servants so none of them have reason to complain. She also inspects the manners of all her servants that she may know what is amiss among them and oblige them to be of good behaviour and to do their duty. She doesn’t meddle with the concern of other people’s houses; she thinks it enough to look well to her own.
8) She doesn’t eat with all of her hands, she saves up for the rainy day. She has no need to fret when the famine comes because she has made adequate preparation for her family and herself. She also looks well to the affairs of her household and her maidens. She doesn’t have time to be a meddlesome interloper who goes from house to house bearing tales.
9) She is such a cheerful giver. She is as intent upon giving as she is upon getting. She doesn’t treat the poor with disdain, rather with her own hands she meets their needs cheerfully, liberally and freely.She is as intent upon giving as she is upon getting. She doesn't treat the poor with disdain, rather with her own hands she meets their needs cheerfully, liberally and freely. Click To Tweet
10) She opens her mouth with wisdom and in her tongue is the law of kindness. This one really got me. She is not loquacious and she has no loose words. She is discreet and obliging in all her discourse. When she opens her mouth, wisdom flows out freely like water. She is prudent in giving advice and has no bossy or authoritative attitude. In her tongue is the law of kindness; she doesn’t hide under the guise of the truth being bitter to speak unkindly to people, rather, she speaks the truth in love. Her wisdom and kindness combined gives a powerful and compelling force to all she says.
11) The crown of her virtuousness is that she FEARS the Lord. If a woman has all the above mentioned qualities, but lacks this one crucial thing, she is anything but virtuous. All her thoughts and actions are ruled and governed by the fear of God. She knows that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and she gives her heart to be ruled by the wisdom of God.The crown of her virtuousness is that she FEARS the Lord. If a woman has all the above mentioned qualities, but lacks this one crucial thing, she is anything but virtuous Click To Tweet
Because of all these, her children have no choice but to rise and call her BLESSED. Her husband can not do but sing of her praise on the roof tops. Her neighbours see the work of her hand and they commend her. She also has a great reward and her price is far above rubies- PRICELESS.
I’m sure you’ve learnt one or two things from this woman of grace and strength. It’s one thing to read, it’s another to apply. As you’ve read to the end, ask for GRACE to do.
Adaptations from Matthew Henry’s Commentary.